Here’s a quick way to get tasks into Asana using LaunchBar (my preferred method) or Script Menu. (Requires a little nerdery.)
- Install the Asana Command-Line Client and set it up
- Download this AppleScript wrapper and update the config properties
- Put the script somewhere you can access it (e.g. via LaunchBar, Alfred, Script Menu, etc)
- Invoke LaunchBar, type your shortcut to the script and tap
- Enter your task title
- Invoke the script
- Enter your task title in the dialog box
- New tasks will appear as private tasks at the top of your “My Tasks” list.
- If you’re an Alfred user, Mannie Schumpert’s QuickTask workflow is probably better.